Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tracking and Finding the Left Leg

I love our pre-track routine. I sit him in front of the flag, put the lead where it needs to go, pet him down and when I grab his collar and ask "Ready?" he lunges forward and I can release on the track command. Really nice and consistent track as usual too.

I have started formal heeling with Kastle now. To go with the focus in heel position, I am now adding Finding the Left Leg. This exercise combined with the other to make the heel position more clear for him.  I am awkward here as I am with the heeling against the wall. My rewards are fumbling and my body language is iffy. With more practice we will definitely get better but this was our first time trying it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I just awarded you the Liebster Award. :)
    http://scratch-my-butt.blogspot.com/2011/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete