Sunday, December 18, 2011

Changes and Growing Up

There have been some big changes going on with Kastle lately. This weekend is the first weekend that he's been primarily out of his crate the whole time. He's been sooooo good. Just hangs out in the living room, plays with his toys and naps.
Not so long ago and he would not have settled down enough to nap. This morning, I was awake and restless early and brought him back to bed with me at 530am and he just snuggled right down and slept with me for 3 hours. It was wonderful :-)

He's also started to bark at the big picture window looking out on the front yard and sidewalk/road. He is barking when someone comes into his "territory" and then quiets as soon as they leave. A really deep, intimidating bark - love it. I also love that he settles immediately when I check the situation out or the "threat" goes out of range. Our landlord stopped by unexpectedly today as well. He knocked on the door and when Jason opened it, holding Kastle's collar, Kastle just stood calmly next to him. His tail was wagging slowly and he was attentive but totally relaxed. I called him to me to sit and politely wait and he was wonderful. I know he has the stable temperament I wanted but it makes my day every time I see it exemplified so clearly. What a great puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment