Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Obedience, Article Indication, Hold - Basement Training

Obedience
Worked on stand from various position around me - in front and beside me. Also on his downs and sits in front, beside and while moving. His heeling has backtracked as he is now trying to anticipate the reward and when I will be walking forward. I am therefore rewarding after only 1-2 steps and in a different direction (out and away from my left side) than he is used to as well.


Article Indication
Introduction to laying down (indicating) on the article (carpet sample square). I started out by crouching down and encouraging him into the carpet square - my posture and my verbal cued him to down with the carpet between his front legs. Then I started to ask him to move by me and do it on his own (with me there to offer a reminder when needed). First time went really well!

Hold
I worked on his dowel hold at the end of the training session, when he was hot, tired and panting so it was not the greatest and therefore short as well. I had to make it clear he needed to hold firm even though he was panting and he got the hang of it fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment