Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back to Serious Training!

So glad to be back to training with Kastle :-D We worked on heeling today. Our goal was to fade the ball in the armpit and use my new training vest (used, new to me). I also played around with sending him around one temporary blind. He did pretty well.
We went from ball lure in arm pit to ball lure hidden in front, chest pocket. I don't like how this is making his heeling look - he's forging and crowding a little and seems to be messing with his foundation in terms of positioning. I think I want to switch where I hide it up and then make him stay where he needs to be. I am happy with his pace and prance and I like how clear he is on the reward though. More heeling/training photos are HERE.

He's a springy little thing.
Check out that turn!
The video:

No comments:

Post a Comment