Saturday, April 14, 2012

VP1 Kastle van het Basjes Huis STAR

Today was really fun. I've never been to an SV conformation show before. It was really fun watching all the puppies, little bitty puppies, "run" around the ring and get critiqued. I paid someone else to handle Kastle in the ring (hold his leash and stack him at the right time) so that I could double-handle (run ahead of Kastle to get him pulling into his fursaver and looking powerful - gaiting). The judge did the testicle check and thought he was a girl, had to go back and check again (at my urging), and laughingly told me that his were positioned very high and tight...awkward but funny :-) He also told me to go ahead and send all my paperwork for his mouth/teeth in to UScA and get it cleared so then I only have to flash one piece of paper when I show from now on. That bodes well for no issues in the future. I was really happy.

Some gaiting pics:
Being stacked by a very tall, strange man :-)
Gaiting around the ring, video:
He was the only dog in his class (Long Coat 9-12 months male puppies) so he got an automatic first place but he also got the highest rating possible for his age, VP which is Very Promising.
He got a really lovely critique, I'm very happy with it and excited to show him the next time!
Judge's critique:"It's a upper medium size male of great colors. Good head. Nice dark mask. High Wither. Strong back. Croup is somewhat short. The upper arms could be a little bit longer. He has good rear angulation. He is a little bit loose in the elbows but he shows good movement. Congratulation, very promising."

No comments:

Post a Comment