Sunday, April 29, 2012

Schutzhund Sunday

Schutzhund training today :-) Kastle did several rounds of obedience with me and then went out for a photo shoot, since we are still not doing protection. For our official obedience turn on the field, we set up a mini-BH routine. Kastle and I checked in with the judge (Lisa) and secretary (Bill) alongside Pan and Lies, the way it will be in a real trial - complete with ear tattoo check. Then Lies and Pan went to work on long downs and Kastle and I did some heeling. I was using his new magnet ball and it seemed to work really well. I don't allow him to jump up on his reward word but pull it down to give it to him myself. His heeling was pretty good, I need to work on our halts and my own footwork is sloppy and needs to be cleaned up. We heeled through a group, absolutely no distraction what-so-ever, did some sit and down out of motions (with a lot of handler help) and recalls. He went over the wall and also did several voraus', we are up to a half field now.
After his second informal obedience session with me off-field, I took him out to the tracking fields for some pictures.
 I recently bought him a new trial collar (black fursaver) and leash, so of course he needed to pose with them!
The rest of the photos are HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment