Saturday, May 12, 2012

UKC Show + Fun Runs

Today Kastle and I went with both the Corgis, Jason, Lies and both of her GSDs to Centreville for a UKC lure coursing and conformation show. I wanted to get Eden's first leg of her CA title and introduce Kastle to lure coursing in the hopes that he could earn his title at the UKC Premier later this year.

He was a little suspicious, even went into defense, towards the boxes that control the lure speed. It was the first time I've ever heard him really growl. The coursing people were super nice and flicked the lure back and forth to activate Kastle's prey drive so that he could succeed. We did several runs that day and I am feeling fairly certain that he will be able to get his CA title in June.


They also had a small conformation show, two rings, in the inner buildings so Lies and I entered Nikon and Kastle in both of those as well. Kastle's first UKC show. I had no idea what I was doing but he was the only dog in his age/class so he "won" first place both times and then lost in the group ring against the other show dogs. It was a good experience though. I felt that the 2nd judge really looked at Kastle and really evaluated him overall instead of just writing him off as a long coat working-line. I really appreciated that. Plus, we got ribbons, which is always fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment