Thursday, May 10, 2012

Intro to Agility

Besides the really horrendous class that we took in Kalamazoo, which did not introduce any obstacle besides the tunnel, Kastle hasn't had any agility classes yet. I really want him to be my agility dog as well so I felt like it was time to get started. After classes at Pawsitive were done, I got Kastle out and introduced him to some obstacles: tunnel, the proper way to do jumps, dog walk, a frame (by far his favorite), table and the tire. He is difficult to handle right now. He's too high for a "real" toy so I used one of Eden's stuffies and even food made him too high - I think he's overloading off the equipment itself. Anywa, when he's too high, he jumps flat, runs rampant and doesn't listen well - while whining/barking too. I finally got him calmed (tired/hot) enough to function and we managed to do a decent review of all of the obstacles. I'm thinking next time he will work for no toy and only food off-course...

No comments:

Post a Comment