Sunday, May 27, 2012

TN Trip

We packed up the crew (minus Eden, who stayed with my parents), and headed to TN on Friday and stayed through Sunday. We stopped on the drive several times to let the dogs stretch their legs and get some fun pictures.

Kastle and Ike - Kastle at 1 year and Ike at almost 3 years.
Kastle was a little distracted...
At Cabela's with the giant, fighting bears.
The rest of them at Cabela's are HERE.

I wanted to get some pics showing Kastle's athleticism as well. He is such a leaper :-)
Intense little guy.
We had fun!
The rest of those pics are HERE.

On the drive, the squishy ball that he swallowed 3-4 weeks ago at flyball, finally turned up...it was swelled up 2-3x times the size it was when it went down and instead of yellow, now it's black. Tennis ball for size comparison.
 Gross but I'm just glad it finally turned up and I don't have to worry about an obstruction any longer.

We stopped at the river for some dock jumping. I practiced with Kastle off the dock, on the grass beside the water hoping that the leap for the toy would transfer to the dock and thus, a farther jump. No luck really...oh well, we'll keep trying!

I had Kastle evaluated by the helper/trainer that we plan on working with when we move, for IPO. He said that Kastle was a good dog and I would be able to go as far as I wanted with him. We are aiming to make it to Nationals with a non-embarrassing score :-) Someday, maybe. He had good barking, was calm when needed, good obedience and we got homework to do. He needs to work on focus in distracting environments (we trained next to multiple soccer fields...with soccer balls LOL) and his tracking was "sleeper"ish so we also are going to work on the drive to track and my line handling. Overall, a fantastic visit and I'm really excited to move and get to work on Kastle's IPO training. He figures that Kastle is actually mentally mature enough to start protection when we move - can't wait! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment