Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Flyball Reward, Boxturn Work

Kastle did so much better this week at training than he did last week! I am so happy :-) His boxturn is finally coming together, using a PVC jump and a jumpboard to guide him with a helpful person stepping in as well. The new reward toy seems to be doing the trick (double braided climbing rope with a tennis ball on the end) to keep him with me - I only lost him to loose tennis balls a time or two. I'm also now using a negative reward marker (NRM) for dropping the ball before he makes it over the jumps. By the second time, the concept was clear enough that when he dropped prematurely, he tried to grab it again on the bounce to bring to me (hitting a jump with his face and tipping it over) and did manage that so it was overall an excellent session.

No comments:

Post a Comment