Friday, September 9, 2011

First Bad Owie

Kastle has a wicked owie right now. It's a deep, deep puncture on his muzzle.

Ike had a frisbee that was on top of a water bowl, Kastle put his head under the frisbee to get a drink of water, Ike snapped up his frisbee...and Kastle's face and started to run away. It would appear that his canine tooth went most, if not all the way, into Kastle's muzzle. Kastle screamed while it happened, ran to me when he was released and was quiet and back to himself within 30 seconds. What a trooper!

We rushed him home, I flushed the wound with hot water and soap and then patted it dry and applied EMT Gel (pretty much my cure-all). He was flailing around in the tub (Jason was holding him) until I reached down with the hand not flushing out his wound and rubbed his ears and told him he was fine. He seriously settled down immediately. Never made a peep or tried to get away through the entire rest of the cleanup. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see how it heals and if I need to take him to the vet to get checked or not. Until it heals entirely, no playing with anyone but Dottie - both Ike and Eden are too mouthy and I don't want a bunch of dirty saliva in there! Poor little guy! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment