Sunday, June 24, 2012

Flyball with Slammers

Since we were over on the East side of the state anyway, we stopped to visit Slammers during their training. Finn's breeder is on the Slammers team so that was neat for her to see him and us to see his dad run. There were also a slew of amazing puppies for me to Squee over. Lots of nice people and fast, FAST dogs to watch! I got a lot of help with Kastle. I now have a new way of starting him that feels much more natural for me and him and we are both more comfortable with it. He was a little flaky but new building, new people etc etc. Plus, Craig ran him a couple of times to show me how to do the things I need to work on. I also need to work on dragging my tug, not pulling it up last minute and also his mattress hitting - saves the shoulders but he needs to practice hitting it. He avoided it and took me out behind the knees and I totally wiped out one time. Luckily, I sort of cushioned off of Kastle and didn't get hurt really at all. :-) Had a GREAT time and learned a lot!!!

2 comments:

  1. Look at him go! Speedy!

    I think you are holding similar to how I set up Sophie. I have to say it has done wonders for our start times. We went from all over the map to consistent .03-.06 range. I still really want to nail a perfect .000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very comfortable with this set-up now! Will be trying it when he runs on a team for the first time this weekend :-)

      I saw a perfect start at the last tournament and I thought the start lights were broken! My friend and I think that they should give out awards for that! :-D

      Delete