Monday, December 19, 2011

Non-Lured Heeling and Dowel Hold

We have finally transitioned to taking steps in heeling with no lure. We can solidly and consistently manage 3 steps of heeling with proper positioning and focus. Tonight he nailed about 6 steps and I love how he looks! Really excited with the way that's going and can't wait to be able to heel more extensively. We also practiced his sit and down out of motion, which went fine. I occasionally forget to switch from my out-of-motion pretend-walking and do it in Fuss position - silly me!

We also worked on his dowel hold. Eeee! He's finally caught on I think :-) He will hold it while I support him with one hand and I can tug the string pretty hard. The length of time is much longer too. I am so pleased with him! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment