Friday, October 7, 2011

Transition from Food Lure to Ball

Lately, Kastle has not wanted to lure in heel position for food at all. He either loses interest and forges ahead or else he tries to give me eye contact and his positioning isn't good. We don't have an Out yet so playing with the ball is a time consuming alternative. But, I just bought a couple more Elite K-9 balls so I can out him with a different ball. Plus, he is now getting the hang of luring with the ball in positions he has solid muscle memory for and not leaping around like a looney. Although, there is still some of that going on! I am having so much fun with him! We're doing right circles right now because it brings him in closer and into correct positioning. I don't want to do any lefts until I can make sure our flips are good to go or that he is collecting himself properly. I think physically, he needs a little more time. However, happy to be back training again!

No comments:

Post a Comment